Map Location – #10 (See map below)
(New Windsor Excavation)
Forrest Drive, Jackson, SC 29831
This land was granted in 1736 to Leonard, Ulrich and Michael Meyer, settlers who came to live in New Windsor Township (Beech Island) with a group of Swiss Protestants from Canton Appenzell in 1737. The Meyer family occupied this site until 1790. From 1993-1995, archaeologists with the Savannah River Archaeological Research Program excavated the site and uncovered the remains of a house and several outbuildings along with thousands of artifacts from several trash pits.